Friday, October 20, 2023

One Box

Ever since someone really close to me passed, and a beloved pet too, I was so heartbroken and felt that the spiritual was most important.  Material things only hold us down and decided to purge most of my worldly possessions.  I started selling and giving away so much.  It made me feel lighter and more connected to the universe.  Getting rid of my books and other media is tough, though.  Ultimately I want to have only enought to fill one medium box not including clothes and shoes.  I've never been a materialist person, and I have always been thrifty also, so I didn't have that much to begin with, except for my books.  I probably have 5 medium boxes of them right now and that's after I gave away some..  probably 3 boxes.  My husband said that we can sign up for Kindles unlimited monthly subscription.  I love physical media but I think it's wise to only have a few books because I don't want to be a burdon and leave tons of things for others to get rid of.  I'm in my early 50s so I hope to only have 3 medium boxes of stuff by 60.  

No comments:

Post a Comment