Saturday, May 4, 2024

Someone Asked How Olanzapine Is! Hint: It Was AWFUL! Thank GOD For Lurasidone ( Latuda ) !

I unfortunately had a seizure in 2018.  The head of the psychiatric department made me take a MRI and told me that I had one after I ended up in the hospital.  Ever since then I have needed medication and a shrink.  It's not easy at all but I won't let it stop me from having a rich, happy, prosperous, balanced and meaningful life!  The Lurasidone not only treats #MutantMind but it also helps with my PTSD.

"It was awful. 2.5 mg of Olanzapine made me 25 lbs heavier and sick. It lowers your immune system because it messes with your blood specifically it lowers your white blood cells. It also increases prolactin which is a hormone that causes weight gain. On top of all that it spikes your blood sugar no matter what you eat. Then there's the constipation on top that not only causes weight gain but makes you so sick! I gained weight on Olanzapine even thought I worked out 5x a week and most of the time ate healthy like 80% of the time. My appetite did increase on it so I did eat more. I also had to take Metamucil then natural psyllium daily to even poop! I'm so glad to be off of it because I don't have that problem on 20 mg of Lurasidone! I thank GOD found out about Latuda and switched to it's cheaper generic Lurasidone with practically no side effects. I have a healthy immune system again and lost weight and inches too! I can also sleep on it fine. The only side effects are that I feel a bit sleepy and my pee is sometimes a bit darker usually in the mornings. I am so bless I found out about it and have been on 20 mg of Lurasidone for about 7 months now! I wish I knew about it right away because Olanzapine is awful. I also feel less of a zombie. I felt happier and more myself about a couple weeks after taking Lurasidone. It stops the overthinking and helps me stay calm. Here in Toronto, Ontario Canada they automatically prescribe Olanzapine right away instead of Lurasidone. I contacted my shrink, the hospital and wrote about it too in hopes that would change. I hope that helps! God Bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment