Thursday, January 26, 2023

Took A DNA Test And My Results Are In

There was an update to my DNA  Here are the new numbers:

 

72% Southern Italian, 8% Israeli from Judea, 8% Aegean Islands, 6% Cyprus, 3% Greek, 2% Egyptian and 1% Welsh. 
 
On my dad's side: 33% Southern Italian, 8% Aegean Island, 3% Greek, 3% Cyprus, 2% Egyptian and 1% Welsh.
 
On my mom's side: 39% Southern Italian, 8% Israeli and 3% Cyprus.

===============================================

Thanks to Amazon Prime my husband and I purchased DNA tests on Black Friday November 30th for half off. $69 something each, $77.97 after tax each.

Spoke to my brother about the DNA test I took and he said that I might have Greek in me too cause they were in the area my parents are from. Interesting! They emailed me yesterday, extracted my DNA and just running it against their database. It's the last stage b4 I find out. Can't wait!

My DNA Results: Southern Italy 81% Calabria North Cosenza Province Cosenza Cyprus 7% Greece & Albania 5% Aegean Islands 3% Egypt 2% Levant 1% Wales 1%

My mother's side is 42% Southern Italian, 4% Cyprus, 3% Aegean Islands and Levant 1%. My father's side is 39% Southern Italian, 3% Cyprus, 5% Greece, 2% Greece and 1% Wales. I don't have the MTHFR Gene Mutation so I can process B vitamins.

I was told I had Egyptian in me but I also have some from the Holy Land too!! Amazing and facinating stuff that explains a lot about me. My DNA favors the ancient side and my wisdom too but that's from my Digital DNA which I will explain in my next blog.

"Cyprus occupies an important role in Greek mythology, being the birthplace of Aphrodite and Adonis, and home to King Cinyras, Teucer and Pygmalion." wiki

"Southern Italians are closest to the modern Greeks, while the Northern Italians are closest to the Spaniards and Southern French. There is also Bronze/Iron Age Middle Eastern admixture in Italy, with a much lower incidence in Northern Italy compared with Central Italy and Southern Italy." Genetic history of Italy - Wikipedia

"Ancient Sumerians in the Middle East may have been the 1st people to enter the Bronze Age. Humans made many technological advances during the Bronze Age, including the first writing systems and the invention of the wheel." History.com

"The people of Iron-Age Europe, called Celts, lived in tribes ruled by chiefs or kings and queens. Most people were farmers who used a variety of iron tools. They cleared the land for farming using iron axes and turned soil with iron-tipped plows."

My Nonna, my dad's mother, originated from the North of Italy, the Italian Alps, according to my cousin. So that's the only thing I noticed that was missed. Explains the 1% Welsh too. I am probably going to do another DNA test too and see what they find. Of course I will wait until they go on sale again.

No comments:

Post a Comment