Last night hubby and I were running a bit late and didn’t end up going out for dinner until past 9:30pm!  We headed downtown looking for a place that served Steak & Seafood.  I suggested the Keg Mansion because the food is good, there is a lot of history, the ambiance is wonderful and it’s said to be haunted!  My husband loved the idea too so we drove right over.  Parking for customers is free so that was great and we were seated right away, but not before I got some information from the hostess.  I asked her where the most activity was.  She answered casually stating that we would find some if we went up the staircase to the second floor by the bar.  I was like, “no”, “I meant paranormal activity”.  She responded, “so did I”!  She went on to tell us that we could eat on the main floor and then go upstairs to see.  She went on to tell us that the 2nd floor lady’s bathroom is another spot and that sometimes woman have been locked in the stalls because “that is where Mrs. Massey died”.  She said to go up to the 3rd floor and take a peek too, even though it is locked.  I was so excited, I couldn’t even wait for dinner to be over!  The meal was very good and the room we were in was so amazing, with the detailed wood work, stain glass windows, fireplace encased with glazed colorful tiles.  Every inch of that room had such fine hand craftsmanship, so much so, that I could not stop looking around.  The feeling I was getting was very strong energy and I felt very alive!  I wasn’t afraid at all and I kind of felt that the spirits there liked all the attention or energy the Keg patrons were giving them.  After our meal we were left to venture about the mansion!  It was so wild and such a trip.  I went to the ladies room and instructed my husband to save me if I wasn’t back in 5 minutes lol  Nothing happened, I didn’t see any ghosts at all, so I met him outside.  I was very drawn to this oval like vestibule that overlooked the main entrance.  I referenced Haunted Toronto by John Robert Columbo and found out that’s where one of Mrs. Massey’s maids had hung herself after finding Mrs. Massey dead.  Then after our look around the 2nd floor we headed up to the 3rd.  A couple of fellows were right behind us and talking about how the Keg Mansion is haunted.  I was right up front in center peeking in the locked glass door, it was dimly lit and I could make out a large painting and a couple other rooms.  My husband was right behind me shining his cell phone over my head to help me see better.  The two gentlemen asked if we saw anything… I responded, “nope”.  Even still, just being in such a grand and charming home, like the Keg Mansion, was enough for me.  Next time maybe I’ll bring my Ouija and go up to the middle of the 2nd floor, by the window, and have a seat at the built in cushioned bench. lol  Honestly I am too chicken to mess with Ouija! I heard demons actually communicate and not spirits so I think it is best to leave it alone. Anyways, I rate the Keg Mansion 4.5 stars out of 5!  I will be back and if you see someone with a Ouija there, or Tarot cards, then you’ll know who it is 😀

Haunted Keg Mansion In Downtown Toronto
For more information on the Keg Mansion please pick up a copy of Haunted Toronto
or visit the link below:
http://en.kegsteakhouse.com/locations/Ontario/Toronto/Mansion_Keghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keg_Mansion